Talk to us
We are always interested in meeting talented and creative people so feel free to drop us a line and introduce yourself. If you have an online portfolio or PDF credentials document that’s even better!
Experienced Junior or Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Extrablack is looking for an enthusiastic and talented young creative designer with great ideas and a positive can do attitude. So if you are highly creative, have a love of typography and branding, energetic and self motivated with a willingness to grow, this role is for you.
- Create fresh, exciting and smart concepts for brand identity, print, environment and digital applications for a wide range of clients
- Develop and expand designs in tandem with the creative team
- Assist team members with their projects and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to get the job done
- Take design concept through to finished art stage for print, digital or environmental production.
What you will need:
- Recognised design degree, BA or equivalent (minimum 2-3 years of full-time study)
- 1-4 years experience in graphic design studio or agency
- Strong typographic and layout skills with the ability to quickly visualise your ideas
- Good communication skills are essential, both verbal and visual
- Have strong Mac skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop is a must
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of production processes for print and digital
- Must be well organised with good time and project management skills and the ability to work on a number of projects concurrently.
- Willingness to embrace digital design – website design is an important component of what we do
- Good grounding and experience with social media
- Knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint, digital/web applications, 3D rendering packages or moving image programs would be a bonus but are not essential
What’s important to us:
- A willingness to learn – we all want to excel and improve.
- An open mind – we value creativity, conceptual and strategic thinkers
- Passion for design and creativity in all areas
- You need to love what you do and see opportunities in every job and the ability to make a difference
- You will need an awareness of the ‘Big Picture’
- Attention to detail is a must – standards are important and we are respected for the job we do
- The reality is design is a business, so whilst we like to challenge clients, we don’t lose sight of this
- Some social skills and a sense of humour. We are not aliens, and have fun doing what we do.
What to expect from us:
- Work on exciting jobs, get hands on experience
- A learning opportunity, mentoring from highly experienced passionate designers
- Convenient Surry Hills location, near Central Station
- A healthy work life balance, with occasional late ones for those deadlines
- A busy but fun atmosphere.
- Extrablack is a small friendly creative team with high standards and lofty ambitions. Currently a team of 5 friendly and motivated professionals, Extrablack is lead by 2 Creative Partners with a wealth of experience in major Australian and international design agencies, we are looking to expand the team and grow the business and you can play an important role in this.
Our specialist disciplines include:
- Brand identity
- Design for print and web
- Environmental graphics and signage design
- Salary according to experience. Only successful applicants will be notified. No agencies please.
You need to be an Australian resident or have a permanent work visa.
- To apply please provide a one page covering letter that tells us who you are, what inspires you and what makes you exceptional, along with one low res PDF that showcases your branding, typographic, digital and creative ability to: email@example.com
Studio 9, Level 4
35 Buckingham Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010 Australia
T +61 2 8964 6258